Saturday 19 March 2011

Risk Assessment.


Risk Assessment

WHAT POTENTIAL HAZARDS WILL BE ENCOUNTERED
HOW WILL THE HAZARDS BE PREVENTED
The green
Whilst on the green my actor will have to be careful not to trip over branches, or trip on other hazards such as ditches in the grass.
The tri-pod
As I will be using the tri-pod in my filming, my actor and I will have to be careful not to trip over it, because of this I will ensure that it is placed in a suitable area that will cause no danger.
The public
As I will be filming in an area where the public may be walking past, I will pause my film, if any should walk past.
Stairs
As I will be filming some scenes on the stairs I will ensure that I am especially careful when filming running up the stairs and also filming through the banister of the stairs. I will do this by moving slow and concentrating on what I am doing. I will also ensure that the stairs are completely clear of obstacles.
The bedroom
My actor will be sitting on his bed for some of the shooting, therefore I will need to make sure that there are no hazards on or around the bed that may cause him damage whilst the filming is done. Also there is a part of the filming where my actor will be slamming a door, this will be kept safe as it will be done reasonably slowly, and I will ensure again there are not obstructions to the door closing.
The Park
Some of my film is to be shot in the park. My actor will be sitting on swings, but not swinging as this is not necessary for my filming. I will make sure that there are no dangers around the swing, such as lose objects or rubbish that could be tripped on. Furthermore my actor will be holding on the chain on the swing securely. Adding to this there is a part of the shooting where I have to travel up to the top of a childs climbing frame at the park in order to achieve a high angle shot I have planned. In order to do this I will bring a friend who can be an extra pair of hands and who will pass me the camera from the ground when I am securely onto the climbing frame. My friend will them act as a spotter and will watch to ensure that everything looks safe and is okay to continue.
Spinning with the camera
There is a shot in my production where my actor will be spinning with the camera facing him for a certain effect I would like to create. To ensure that this is safe, I will be holding the camera as well as him, whilst he spins the spins will be very slow, as I plan to have them as a slow motion shot anyway.
Running through doorway
My actor will also be running out of a doorway into a front garden, whilst I am filming. To keep this hazard free I will make sure that the area is clear or obstacles, and I will also ensure that my actor is wearing suitable running shoes, as well as running sensibly and slowly.

No comments:

Post a Comment