Tuesday 29 March 2011

Final DigiPak


This is my final DIGIPAK that I created in photoshop. I took some still images, and then used these for my Digipak. I found the creation of the digipak quite enjoyable, as I was able to use the skills I gained at AS to assist me in using the tools that photoshop offers. I am happy with my Digipak, however if I had had more time to put into it, I would have taken more of a variety of images, so that my Digipak was more diverse in photography and angles. The top image is my 3 outside sections, and below is the inside of the digipak.

I decided that the black and white effect would be a good option for me to use, as I then planned to contrast this with the building block, text with bright colours. I decided on the different coloured text on the digipak, as I felt that it suited the story I had created in my video, and added a 'childlike' theme to my digipak, as my video took a serious song and channeled it into a childs story. I also used a very direct image for my front cover on the digipak, I did this because I felt it needed to drag an audience in, and I felt that the serious and direct picture, contrasted alongside childlike colours and fonts and made it look more interesting and diverse. |I used serious images for the outside of my digipak, as I felt this linked in with the set up of my video ( at the beginning of the story, the little boys story is told, and then we hear how his life is now better and he is happy) And then the inside of my digipak concluded the story that my video reached.

I also felt that the back of my digipak with the little boy standing with his back to the camera was different, and although simple was original.










In the inside of my digipak, I lifted the mood slightly and had images of the actor smiling, I also included  quotes such as' Hello my name is Elias' that are in the video. I think this was a good idea as it links my video and digipak together and is still telling a story.

No comments:

Post a Comment